Fort Lewis College to Host Climate Change Symposium, Nov. 9
By Mitch Davis
The Symposium will feature a number of scientists and experts speaking on the various aspects of climate change. The topics to be covered include the science of climate change, impacts and possible adaptations, and possible solutions.
The speakers include:
- Dr. Kevin Trenberth, distinguished senior scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research
- Dr. Emile Elias, director of the US Department of Agriculture’s Southwest Climate Hub
- Dr. Ryan Haaland, professor and chair of the FLC Physics & Engineering Department
- Dr. Gary Gianniny, professor and chair of the FLC Geosciences Department
- Dr. Heidi Steltzer, associate professor in the FLC Biology Department
The Climate Change Symposium is sponsored by the FLC Office of the President and the Professional Associates of Fort Lewis College. Parking information can be found at www.fortlewis.edu/police-parking.
As mentioned, the event is free, though donations will be accepted at the door to help cover the Symposium’s costs.
For more information about the Professional Associates, visit this website.